Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet a Fellow Water Diva....Chris!

Name/Nickname: Chris Muhonen

Where are you from? I live in Chetek, Wi. I moved here in 2004, from Oshkosh, Wi.

Family? Do they share your enthusiasm for paddling?
My husband enjoys it a little bit, my kids & their families probably enjoy it more, but they don't have a lot of time to go.

Where do you work and how long have you been at it?
I work for JJ Keller & Assoc., from Neenah, Wi. I work out of my home, for them.

Other than paddling, what hobbies do you enjoy?
Golfing, ATVing, swimming, fishing, boating.

Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know (unusual skill, second language, ancestry, etc.)
I truly can't think of anything unusual, a little about me though, I have two children, one girl and one boy. They are in their mid thirties, and I have a granddaughter, Julia, 2 1/2 years old, she is the love of my life.

Do you belong to other clubs or associations?
I am the secretary of the Chetek ATV Cruzers, I belong to the Chetek Snow Flyers also.

When did you first try paddling, and who introduced you to the sport?
I just started paddling last year, in 2007. A few people that I go to yoga with, and golf with, got me going in it.

What kind of boat(s) do you own?
I have a 12.5 Wilderness Tsunami, bright yellow w/a little orange color.

What piece of gear always goes with you?
My paddle.

What's the longest paddling trip you've ever been on?
On the Brule, last summer, 2007. We were probably on the water for about 3 hours.

What memorable places have you paddled & What did you enjoy most about it?
The Brule was probably my most memorable, because I have not been that many places. I enjoyed the company and the faster water, and because the water was clear and you could see bottom. I have been on the Red Cedar River, and that is awesome also, there are always Eagles flying overhead.

What would you consider to be the ultimate paddling adventure?
If I was more experienced, I would love going on a huge river, such as the Grand Canyon, but I am not ready for that. So I will just still to the local areas for now.

What has been your worst paddling experience?
I have not had any real bad experiences, but I guess if I had to pick one, it would have been this spring, 2008, on the Red Cedar. It was a little cold, and then the wind picked up at times and we really had to paddle hard against the wind and rain for a little while. But it calmed down after a while, then it was fine again.

Do you have big paddling plans for 2008, or in years to come?
Nothing big, I just plan on finding more time, to paddle more often.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro